Monday, March 7, 2011

Two Years Later - We're Back!!!!!

Over two years ago I started this blog with one goal in mind - better communication with friends and family.  Obviously I haven't been too successful with that.  Kris and I have a wonderfully cozy life filled with work, work, and work on the house.  We love it, but unfortunately it doesn't make for interesting reading.  "Why did you even start a blog then?" you ask... I had hoped that we would soon be sharing exciting news, hence the title The Carranza Family.

Well, after a journey that has (unexpectedly) taken us over two years, I am so excited to announce that the Carranza Family has grown!  We are expecting Baby Carranza to arrive at the beginning of September (the due date is the fun date of 9/10/11 to be exact)!!!!!!!  Kris and I are absolutely thrilled that we are soon to be parents. 

As of this posting I am 13 weeks along and am very happy to see the second trimester.  I shouldn't complain as I haven't been as sick as some women, but I am ready for the queasiness and fatigue to go away.  So far I have a little tummy pooch, but it is enough to make my pants uncomfortable.  I can't wait to start buying some cute maternity dresses so I hope spring temperatures are on the way soon!

Due to a "normal" complication I get to have sonograms every other week, and we love being able to take a peak at the baby and hear the heart beat.  It is amazing to see how fast the baby grows and changes each time.  Our next sonogram is scheduled for 03/10/2011 so be sure to check back for the latest picture!  Family and friends meet Baby C:


02/08/2011 2D Sonogram

02/08/2011 3D Sonogram

02/22/2011 2D Sonogram
Everyone has been asking if we are going to find out the gender, and anyone who knows me knows the answer to that question - YES!  We are hoping with these frequent sonograms we will find out as soon as possible - maybe around the first week in April - only a month away!!!!  I honestly don't have a gut feeling as to what the baby may be, but Kris does - he thinks a boy.  All in all, we just want a happy healthy baby.  (But of course I have my nursery schemes ready for both - so I am anxious to find out so I can get started.) 

So everyone, stay tuned.... there will actually be new posts this time!

1 comment:

We are the Smith Family said...

Yaaa.....my blogging buddy is back!!! I can't wait to follow this journey....what an awesome time for you and Kris! Love you sooo much!!!