Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Name Game

My favorite part about finding out the gender of our baby so early, is being able to call her by name.  Kris and I have had many "what will we name our kids" conversations on long car rides over the past 13 years, so it was very easy for us to make our final selection.  For us the girl name came easily and has been pretty much decided on for the past, oh, four years I would say.  (Little did we know how popular it would become!)  The newest addition to our family will be:

Sofia Anne Carranza

Kris and I have always loved the name Sofia. We chose to spell it with an "f" in honor of Kris' full name "Kristofer".  The name Sofia is derived from the Greek word for wisdom and is the traditional Spanish spelling of the name. 

For a middle name I have always wanted to use Anne, after my all-time favorite book character from Anne of Green Gables.  The name Anne is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Anne is "He (God) has favored me" and/or gracious.

We can only hope that we raise our daughter to live up to the meaning of her name: wise and gracious.

1 comment:

We are the Smith Family said...

What a beautiful and blessed name....I LOVE IT!!!! I am sooo excited!!!! What fun!!!! Yaa...we have a name, initials, etc....it all feels soooo real now!!!! :) Love you!!!!