Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Jury Duty
I have to say jury duty was very exciting and fortunately for me was just like the movies! I live in a low populated county with very small towns. The court house was a beautiful building built in 1863. The stage was set with the sun shining in through the over sized radius topped windows that lined the courthouse, wonderful paneling on the ceiling, and beautifully carved woodwork. The solicitor, attorney, and judge all had exaggerated southern accents, and the solicitor and defendant got into a dispute! I also had an interesting case... a man tried to infect three cops with the AIDS virus after carjacking. We found him guilty on three counts of assault & battery with the intent to kill & carjacking. Here are the links below to the news articles: http://www.edgefielddaily.com/sheriff021009.html and http://www.edgefielddaily.com/sheriff021109.html. I have to call tonight to see if I have to serve again this week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love your writing.....I can just picture the setting. One of my favorite movies is Time to Kill......glad you had fun with it!!! Miss you!
Post a Comment